GCC on windows for 68k

Tawde, Ganesh gtawde@opentv.com
Thu Jun 21 13:20:00 GMT 2001

Title: GCC on windows for 68k

Hello
Jan,

thanks. I will give this a try.

Ganesh

  -----Original Message----- From: Vermeulen Jan
  [mailto:Jan.Vermeulen@siemens.atea.be] Sent: Wednesday, June 20,
  2001 11:30 PM To: 'CrossGCC' Subject: GCC on windows for
  68k
  Hello Ganesh....
  First you got to download & install cygwin
  at http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
  Then you procede by taking a look at http://crossgcc.billgatliff.com/ for
  his wonderful building script. (m68k-coff is what your
  target will be)
  By the way, if you extract the source-code from
  the '*.tar.gz' with WinZip (or the likes), make
  sure winzip doesn't change the <LF> to
  <CR><LF>. (go to the
  options->configuration->miscellaneous and make
  sure the 'TAR file smart CR/LF conversion' is *not*
  checked)
  It's better you extract it with "tar xfz
  <file>.tar.gz" under cygwin.
  Then you can start adjusting your Visual Studio so it
  can compile with the m68k-coff-g++ or m68k-coff-gcc.

  Good luck, i hope this is helpful. Jan
  -----Original Message----- From:
  Tawde, Ganesh [ mailto:gtawde@opentv.com ] Sent: dinsdag 19 juni 2001 20:44 To:
  'crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com' Subject: GCC on
  windows for 68k
  Hi,  I am looking for a GCC cross
  compiler on Windows for 68331 processor. I want the
  compiler to use on a Windows NT machine and which will cross compile for the 68331 processor. Can anybody
  give me some links and some more information on how I can proceed ? Thanks in advance. Ganesh