xscale with gcc 3.0

MEDBERRY, DAVID (A-Loveland, ex1) david_medberry@agilent.com
Thu Jun 21 09:25:00 GMT 2001

Title: xscale with gcc 3.0

Jan,

I have
just epxerienced the same binutils behavior when making an hpux cross
powerpc-linux binutils package:
as
ld
gasp

were
the only bin's built. binutils version 2.11.1 (straight from ftp.gnu.org ).

No
error was reported in the process. I am considering backing down to 2.10 and
trying again....

haven't found any tips or tricks anywhere on the net to avoid
this....

-dave

  -----Original Message----- From: Vermeulen Jan
  [mailto:Jan.Vermeulen@siemens.atea.be] Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001
  2:58 AM To: 'CrossGCC' Subject: xscale with gcc
  3.0
  Hi there,
  I am trying to build a crossgcc for xscale now with the gcc
  3.0, as it is said it is now supported. My platform is
  linux (2.4.3) Binutils builds without errors, but
  seems only to make the 'as', 'gasp' and 'ld'. Nothing else.
  So when i try to build the (core) gcc-3.0 part of the
  toolchain, it fails : make[2]: xscale-elf-ar: Command
  not found make[2]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 127
  make[2]: Leaving directory
  `/home/jan/newbuild/gcc/gcc' make[1]: ***
  [stmp-multilib] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory
  `/home/jan/newbuild/gcc/gcc' make: *** [all-gcc] Error
  2
  Same with "xscale-coff" configuration. (i am following the cross-build script from Bill).
  Now what's the story with xscale ? Is it fully supported or
  only a simpel assembler/linker? I know I can make a
  cross-gcc by configuring for arm-elf (would arm-coff work too?), but
  i don't understand why xscale-elf can't work if arm-elf
  does...
  Thanks if you are able to clarify the confusion :)
  Jan