Why is it wrong?

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 11:32:00 GMT 2001

hesi726 wrote:

>    I have build the cross_compiler for sparc-solaris at my linux machine according the  http://crossgcc.billgatliff.com ,
> but when i compile a "HelloWorld" program ,it show me that there is undefined reference in ~/lib/crt0.o  £¬i can't solve the problem,who can help me?
>    Thanks very much!
>    my enviroment is :
>       gcc-2.95.3.tar.gz,newlib-1.9.0,binutils-2.10.1
>    I assigned the target as 'sparc-elf' and not assign host!

You need to use the headers and libraries from a real solaris machine when
you build the compiler, not the newlib ones. newlib is intended for an
embedded target.[1]

Jifl
[1] Although I believe there is some stuff in it for the old SunOS stuff, I
can't believe that hasn't suffered bitrot.
Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/