xscale with gcc 3.0

MEDBERRY, DAVID (A-Loveland, ex1) david_medberry@agilent.com
Thu Jun 21 12:41:00 GMT 2001

Title: xscale with gcc 3.0

(Actually:

$PREFIX/bin/powerpc-linux-as
$PREFIX/bin/powerpc-linux-ld
$PREFIX/bin/powerpc-linux-gasp

were
created.)

  -----Original Message----- From: MEDBERRY,DAVID
  (A-Loveland,ex1) [mailto:david_medberry@agilent.com] Sent: Thursday,
  June 21, 2001 10:25 AM To: 'Vermeulen Jan';
  'CrossGCC' Subject: RE: xscale with gcc 3.0
  Jan,

  have just epxerienced the same binutils behavior when making an hpux cross
  powerpc-linux binutils package:
  as
  ld
  gasp

  were
  the only bin's built. binutils version 2.11.1 (straight from ftp.gnu.org ).

  No
  error was reported in the process. I am considering backing down to 2.10 and
  trying again....

  haven't found any tips or tricks anywhere on the net to avoid
  this....

  -dave

    -----Original Message----- From: Vermeulen Jan
    [mailto:Jan.Vermeulen@siemens.atea.be] Sent: Thursday, June 21,
    2001 2:58 AM To: 'CrossGCC' Subject: xscale with gcc
    3.0
    Hi there,
    I am trying to build a crossgcc for xscale now with the gcc
    3.0, as it is said it is now supported. My platform
    is linux (2.4.3) Binutils builds without errors, but
    seems only to make the 'as', 'gasp' and 'ld'. Nothing else.
    So when i try to build the (core) gcc-3.0 part of the
    toolchain, it fails : make[2]: xscale-elf-ar:
    Command not found make[2]: *** [libgcc.a] Error
    127 make[2]: Leaving directory
    `/home/jan/newbuild/gcc/gcc' make[1]: ***
    [stmp-multilib] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory
    `/home/jan/newbuild/gcc/gcc' make: *** [all-gcc]
    Error 2
    Same with "xscale-coff" configuration. (i am following the cross-build script from Bill).
    Now what's the story with xscale ? Is it fully supported or
    only a simpel assembler/linker? I know I can make a
    cross-gcc by configuring for arm-elf (would arm-coff work too?), but
    i don't understand why xscale-elf can't work if arm-elf
    does...
    Thanks if you are able to clarify the confusion :)
    Jan