#ifdef tool?

David Korn dkorn@pixelpower.com
Wed Jul 25 06:23:00 GMT 2001

  The preprocessor isn't as useful as all that, it will also process all
the ifdefs you want left in, replace all your carefully #defined macros
with the obscure magic numbers you invented them to replace, bodily
insert the contents of all the header files at the site of the #include,
scatter the whole thing with #line directives that would make it hard to
figure out the actual line in the preprocessed file where a reported error
was actually placed, etc. etc etc!  Basically it's no use for this kind
of job.

  Fortunately Pat has come up with a better answer for you while I was busy
typing this reply!

        DaveK
--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com