Assembly ARM code

Yeong Jiun How yeongjh@cwc.nus.edu.sg
Mon Jul 16 21:23:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

If you are using Insight gdb that comes with GUI debug interface,
it is very simple to switch between C & assembly, and it is
also
possible to step ASM instruction.

Cheers,
Yeong

At 08:47 AM 7/16/01 -0600, Richard Slaughter wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the arm-elf-gdb tool chain can single step assemply
code?
Should I be able to switch between assemply source and C source during
debug session
without rebuilding?

I have the arm-elf tool chain installed as a cross compiler under cygwin
(window NT).  I'm
debugging C code on the ATMEL EB40 arm target board.  I can not get
the tool chain
to generate the assembly debug records for the executable.

Richard Slaughter
rslaughter@anatel.com