More linux->sun problems

Stuart Kenny skenny@solidum.com
Thu Jul 12 11:17:00 GMT 2001

Hi all!

Okay, I've changed my proceedure to match that of the FAQ at
http://crossgcc.billgatliff.com/crossgccfaq/t1.html

I modified the listed proceedure to use --with-headers=<path to my existing target headers> rather than
--without-headers.

With --without-headers it was failing due to failure to find pthread.h, which confused me because I
thought --without-headers
would stop it from looking for system headers.

Anyway, I built successfully build gcc, only to have it blow up on newlib.

The problem is that configure does practically nothing.  Al I get is :

TARGET=sparc-sun-solaris2.7

 ../newlib-1.9.0/configure --target=$TARGET --prefix=$PREFIX  2>&1 | tee configure.log
Configuring for a i586-pc-linux-gnu host.
Created "Makefile" in /.automount/vol/tools/src/build/host_Linux/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/build-newlib
Configuring texinfo...
No configuration information in texinfo
Configuring etc...
creating cache ../config.cache
updating cache ../config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile

If I try to make it now, it blows up.

Is there something I'm missing?

What does "No configuration information in texinfo" mean?

Stuart Kenny