Out of environment space.

Vermeulen Jan Jan.Vermeulen@siemens.atea.be
Thu Jul 26 04:43:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

Yes, it mean that your 'space' is too filled up with environment settings.
(like
SET LIB = <directory>
SET SOUND = <directory>
SET ... )
Mostly they are set in the autoexec.bat or in other bat-files.

May I ask what operating system you use? Cygnus is made for NT workstations,
not W9x computers. I don't know if it works under W9x, but I wouldn't try
it.

Recommendations:

* Use fewer environment variables, or shorten the PATH statement in
AUTOEXEC.BAT.

* Increase the amount of environment space by adding the following line to
your CONFIG.SYS file: "SHELL=X:\PATH\COMMAND.COM /P /E:NNNN" where "X:\PATH"
is the directory where the COMMAND.COM command interpreter is located, and
NNNN is the new size of the DOS environment area in bytes. Suggested is 512
or 1024; don't make this too large because increasing it reduces available
conventional memory.

Good luck,
Jan