Newcommer with MPC565

Eddy Ilg eddy@fericom.net
Tue Jul 24 10:08:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

let me introduce myself first:
My name is Eddy Ilg and I have been working with a M32F332/333/376 for quite
some time, concentrating on a Realtime-Data-Capturing application. I now
have a new project and will use a controller of the MPC5xx family. And I
thought of using the GNU-tools for it, since I am a student and could never
possibly afford anything else (-:
Also I have worked for a commercial company before (not any more!) and was
using a compiler from Microtec wich had various disadvantages and a really
_dumb_ library manager and I know my company payed above $2000 for this
product.

My questions:
1. What executable format should I use and can I use GDB to download my
program, set breakpoints and so on?
2. Can I program the flash on the MPC555 or MPC 565 with GDB or any similar
tool?
3. Where can I find more Information about using the GNU programming tools
together with the MPC5xx?

Thanks a lot in advance

Eddy