Cross-gcc for SH

William A. Gatliff bgat@saturn.billgatliff.com
Wed Jul 18 13:59:00 GMT 2001

Alberico:

> I have built gcc 2.95.3 with host linux-i686 target sh-elf.
> everything seem OK, I have not understood exactly which is the
> difference by using target sh-elf, sh-coff and sh-hms.  I'm using a
> sh7045f EVB.

sh-elf, sh-coff and sh-hms are different debugging formats.  Sh-elf is
the most flexible and well-supported, so it's probably the one you
want.  Sh-coff is fine for basic, non-C++ work.  I don't recommend
sh-hms at all.

> Also I flashed the gdbstub and compiled GDB-5.0 for sh-elf.

Cool!

> When I try to connect, the debugger show a message saying
> invalid character 0x00.

Are you running at the right baud rate?  My gdbstub doesn't auto-baud
(yet?).

(gdb) set remotebaud <baud>

b.g.
--