Moving sections in an executible

Stephen Smith ischis2@home.com
Wed Feb 14 09:07:00 GMT 2001

I am writing an embedded application using gcc-2.95.2-6 from cygnus and
binutils-2.10.1.  We found that the OS loader
needs to have the gcc vtables in the .text segment (where they used to be under 5 year
old versions of gcc/binutils).

I found out that I need to use the ld -T switch to pass in a custom linker script.
What I need to know are two
questions:

1)  Does the -T script modify or replace the default script built into the linker.

2)  If it replaces the default script,  is there a way to have ld print out the script
that it would use by default so
that I could modify that and then pass the modified script to ld via the -T switch

Thanks in advance.

sps