CYGWIN To Solaris question

Fabrice Gautier gautier@email.enst.fr
Sat Feb 3 11:11:00 GMT 2001

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001 01:06:04 -0600 (CST)
Mumit Khan <khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU> wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Rafal Furdzik - GM Corner wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your kindly response. I'm really pulling my hair out... I'm only
> > VB programmer... :)
>
> We all have to start somewhere ...
>
> > The problem is with step 2. I can not get those Solaris runtime. The system
> > I'm using is called VDE and it is compatible with Solaris 2.5.1. When I go
> > to /usr/lib and try to copy those files I get:
>
> Step 2 is crucial, and you have to somehow get the Solaris runtime to be
> able to create Solaris binaries. There's no way of getting around it,
> sorry.

I beg to disagre...

At least for linux, I managed to do it without the runtime. I had to
configure with --with-newlib and to do "make all-gcc" and "make
install-gcc" instead of "make" and "make install"

Eventually it seems to work as well when I just created the missing
header files as empty.

May not apply to Solaris though.

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enstfr>