S-records conversion

GNUTeam gnuteam@kpit.com
Tue Aug 14 03:57:00 GMT 2001

Hi,
I hope this not too late !!!!
32 bit format files can be created with --srec-forceS3 option to objcopy.
This option is observed for binutils-2.11 and not observed for
binutils-2.10.1
Regards,
GNUTeam

-----Original Message-----
From: crossgcc-owner@sources.redhat.com
[ mailto:crossgcc-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Davide Viti
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 10:09 PM
To: crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: S-records conversion

Hi,
I've got an ELF file which I'd like to download to a board with Motorola
mpc555.
The loader given with the board (programmed in flash) accepts ONLY files
in the Motorola 32-bit format (lines start with S3)
I have to map yhe data and text segments to 24 bit addresses and
therefore objcopy creates files in 24 bit format (lines start with S2).
Is there a way to force objcopy to create 32-bit format files?

Any help would be thoroughly appreciated!
Thanx in advance,

Davide

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to
crossgcc-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com