gen-params problem during make all install of gcc for powerpc -eabi with Solaris host

jimk@scitechsoft.com jimk@scitechsoft.com
Thu Apr 19 17:33:00 GMT 2001

I'm also new to cygwin and building a cross-compiler and I've made
some progress thanks especially to the email below, but I'm having
some problems now.  Here's my setup

#host=i686-pc-cygwin32
#target=i486-linux
#prefix=/usr/cross-linux
#PATH=$prefix/bin:$prefix:$PATH
#CC=/usr/native/bin/gcc

Here's what I did
Build native gcc in /usr/native

Build binutils using:
#cd build-binutils-linux
#/binutils-2.11/configure --target=$target --prefix=$prefix -v
#make all install

Appears successful!

Build cross gcc:
#cd build-gcc-linux
#/gcc-2.95.3-2/configure --target=$target --prefix=$prefix --with-
headers=/newlib-1.9.0/newlib/libc/include --with-newlib -v
#make LANGUAGES="c" all install

I kept get a not found error message on errno.h (just like below with
newlib) until I added both the --with-headers line and the --with-
newlib line.  I also tried it with the soft links first and always got the
error message.  After I added both of those, and removed the soft
links, this build appears to have built successfully.

Attempted to build newlib:
#cd build-newlib-linux
#/newlib-1.9.0/newlib/configure --target=$target --prefix=$prefix -v
#make all install

It comes back with the following error:
In file included from /newlib-1.9.0/newlib/libc/../libc/include/time.h:32,
                 from /newlib-
1.9.0/newlib/libc/../libc/include/sys/reent.h:14,
                 from /newlib-1.9.0/newlib/libc/../libc/include/reent.h:48,
                 from /newlib-1.9.0/newlib/libc/stdlib/__adjust.c:6:
../../targ-include/sys/types.h:27: linux/types.h: No such file or
directory
In file included from /newlib-1.9.0/newlib/libc/../libc/include/errno.h:1,
                 from /newlib-1.9.0/newlib/libc/stdlib/std.h:3,
                 from /newlib-1.9.0/newlib/libc/stdlib/__adjust.c:7:
../../targ-include/sys/errno.h:26: asm/errno.h: No such file or
directory
make[3]: *** [__adjust.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/build-newlib-linux/i486-
linux/newlib/libc/stdlib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/build-newlib-linux/i486-linux/newlib/libc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/build-newlib-linux/i486-linux/newlib'
make: *** [all-target-newlib] Error 2

I tried adding the --with-includes and --with-newlib (just winging it)
and I still get these errors.

Any thought?  Major thanks in advance.
-Jim

On 19 Apr 2001, at 12:51, David Korn wrote:

> [...]
LANGUAGES=