intuitive IDE for gcc on linux ?

Andrew Pines apines@cosmodog.com
Wed Apr 18 07:15:00 GMT 2001

I highly recommend e93 (available at http://www.sqrt.com ).  It's not an
IDE, but I think it's better.  It's a spiffy screen editor that does
things like columnar selection and syntax mapping (shows keywords in
pretty colors) plus you can execute command line apps (like gcc) from
within an edit window by pressing alt-enter or execute 'make' from the
current directory by just pressing alt-m.  It should feel familiar to
anyone who has used MPW on the Mac.  I use it for everything, from C and
assembler on various processors to VHDL.  To me it's much better than
having different (and generally incompatible) IDE's for different
processors or applications.  It's available for both Unix and Windows.
Free, and well worth looking into.

  -Andrew

Andrew Pines
apines@cosmodog.com