Error in building GCC 2.95.2 cross compiler for powerpc-unknown-eabi on LINUX 7.0

Jonathan Larmour jlarmour@redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 10:42:00 GMT 2000

revati kadekar wrote:

> Thanks for your quick reply again !
> With newlib headers, much of the GCC is built but
> gives error like this.
> How do I resolve this ?
>
> configure: error: installation or configuration
> problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

This is one of the advantages of the one-tree build approach. You need to
build newlib before you can build these other parts. You can probably do
this now by doing:

  make all-gcc install-gcc LANGUAGES="c c++".

which only builds and installs the compiler itself. After this, add the
installed powerpc-eabi-gcc directory to your path. And then configure and
install newlib. *Then* go back to building everything else in the gcc tree
(i.e. make all).

Consider using the single tree approach as described in the FAQ if you have
further difficulty.

Jifl