Take off "link" and "unlk" of function

Peter Barada pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com
Fri Oct 27 07:15:00 GMT 2000

>I found m68k-coff-gcc add 'link %a6, #n' in the begin and
>'unlk %a6' in the end of every function.
>I knew this is because gcc try to allocate stack
>for the locale variable.
>But when the function is without local variable or only
>content inline assmebly. It (link %a6, #0) still there.
>How can I take it off.

Add -fomit-frame-pointer to command line, and it will remove the use
of a6 as a frame pointer for *all* of the functions in that file.  It
unfortunately make debugging the code nearly impossible since gdb
can't figure out the stack backtrace without a frae pointer....

--
Peter Barada                                       pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com
Wizard                                             781-852-2768 (direct)

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the
right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting
moment."  -- Unknown