building gcc m68k-coff

Aaron J. Grier aaron@frye.com
Wed Oct 11 11:25:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 04:52:36PM +0000, ron tal wrote:

> the major problem I was facing:  argv.c lines 38,39 : <stdlib.h>
> <string.h> could Not be find.
>
> I was suggested to do:
>
> --with-headers /newlib/libc/include    which copied the directory
> but still did not solved the problem.

look at the output of your make and notice the flags being passed to the
compiler.  there should be a -I<directory where newlib string.h is>.  if
that is not there, you can manually edit the makefile to add it.  (why
isn't it added?  I do not know, but the answer could be found by digging
through the autoconf / automake configuration files.)

another alternative is to use the "one tree" method of building, as
shown in http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/FAQ-4.html#ss4.2 .  I have
succesfully used the process to build m68k-rtems-elf, and m68k-elf, and
a canadian cross for m68k-rtems-elf running on i386-cygwin.

--
  Aaron J. Grier   |    Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |   aaron@frye.com
  "Add [Windows] ME to an old PC with a `mere' 32 MB of memory, and your