Problems building m68k gcc cross compiler on Mandrake Linux 7.1 (x86)

Zubin Sethna zsethna@miva.com.au
Sun Oct 8 17:25:00 GMT 2000

HI

I'm trying to build the gnu tool chain for a m68k
target and I've run into problems building gcc. I followed the instructions from
the Redhat site here:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-powerpc-eabi.html

on building a powerpc cross-compiler but
substituted m68k-elf for the target name. Binutils builds ok, but during
building of gcc the complier says it can't find stdlib.h or unistd.h (when
compiling libgcc2.c). It seems to be looking for these includes in $prefix (from
configure) which is where the resultant executables and includes are put. The
question is where do I get these includes from? Do I assume correctly that they
are different from the host system includes?

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Zubin

PS: I downloaded gcc-core-2.95.2.tar.bz2
and gcc-g++-2.95.2.tar.bz2