Linker problem?

Torbjørn Heltne etotorh@ericsson.no
Thu Oct 5 05:55:00 GMT 2000

Hello list members!

I'm pretty new to this... but I have followed the instructions on
http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/tools/linux-arm-elf.html to install,
configure and build the arm-elf-gcc and friends.

It went pretty smooth except that I had to use LANGUAGES="c" under "Build
and install GCC". Don't think that causes my problem though... :-)

Anyway: trying to build the well-known "hello, world!" I bump into a
problem. Seen this one before, anyone?

[etotorh@eto00840 ]$ make
arm-elf-gcc -O2   -c -o hello.o hello.c
arm-elf-gcc -o hello.elf startup.o syscalls.o hello.o -nostartfiles \
  -Wl,-Ttext,0,-Tdata,0x300000
/tools/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu/arm-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [hello.elf] Error 1
[etotorh@eto00840 ]$

What's this "-lc" that the linker can't find?

--
Torbjørn Heltne