Where are _modsi3.c and/or _modsi3.o?

Jeff Bevis jab@applied-magic.com
Sat Jun 24 16:46:00 GMT 2000

At 06:16 PM 6/24/00 -0500, Christopher Bahns wrote:
>Bonus question:
>Is there a GCC option to generate an assembly listing without affecting
>the build process. I know about the '-S' option, which generates
>assembly code INSTEAD of object code (unless I'm just not using it
>right).

Actually, Christopher, there's more to it than just the -alh option on the
assembler.  Here's the text from the assembler's manual:

--------------------------------------
Enable Listings: -a[cdhlns]

These options enable listing output from the assembler. By itself, `-a'
requests high-level, assembly, and symbols listing. You can use other
letters to select specific options for the list: `-ah' requests a
high-level language listing, `-al' requests an output-program assembly
listing, and `-as' requests a symbol table listing. High-level listings
require that a compiler debugging option like `-g' be used, and that
assembly listings (`-al') be requested also.

Use the `-ac' option to omit false conditionals from a listing. Any lines
which are not assembled because of a false .if (or .ifdef, or any other
conditional), or a true .if followed by an .else, will be omitted from the
listing.

Use the `-ad' option to omit debugging directives from the listing.

Once you have specified one of these options, you can further control
listing output and its appearance using the directives .list, .nolist, .psize,
.eject, .title, and .sbttl. The `-an' option turns off all forms
processing. If you do not request listing output with one of the `-a'
options, the
listing-control directives have no effect.

The letters after `-a' may be combined into one option, e.g., `-aln'.