How to link in <string.h> object file?

Russ.Shaw russell@webaxs.net
Mon Jul 31 23:40:00 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I figured that the files in:

/usr/local/h8300-hms/lib are what i need to link:

   libc.a
   libg.a
   libm.a
   libgcc.a
   libiberty.a

Is there stated somewhere what functions are contained in
what libraries? What does libiberty.a contain?

Also, when i linked in one of these libraries in my makefile,
i got lots of errors referring to linker script sections,
probably because i'm using my own script without ctor or
dtor etc. I assume one is supposed to use one of these:

/usr/local/h8300-hms/lib/ldscripts/h8300h.x
                                   h8300h.xbn
                                   h8300h.xn
                                   h8300h.xr
                                   h8300h.xu

I'm using my own system with eproms etc, so would it be
ok to just use a modified one of these scripts to fix
the errors?