General embedded development kits using gcc/gdb.

Frank Przybylski Frank.Przybylski@vas-gmbh.de
Fri Jul 7 07:53:00 GMT 2000

Hi all,
Andre Rodrigues da Silva wrote:

>     Andrew,
>
>     The only thing I would like to point out is that if you use a processor like
> motorola's
> MPC860 you can make the debugging by JTag just like you should be used to with the
> texas' processors. I thing this is a bit more easy.
>
>     If you're interested in such a possibility I can give you these links:
>
>     linuxppc.cs.nmt.edu -> look for embedded distribution
>     linux-embedded.org -> general info
>     www.brightstareng.com -> sell a board with mpc823 (much like the mpc860)
>
>     Regards,
>
>             André

A nice start point for embedded cross development with lots of links and a focus
on MPC860 (but not limited to) can be found under:
http://members.xoom.com/greyhams/linux/PowerPC-Embedded-HOWTO.html

Frank