trouble linking C library

Joseph Taylor Joseph_Taylor@inter-tel.com
Fri Apr 14 13:59:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have successfully built the GNU cross-compiler/assembler/linker in the Cygwin
environment running on Windows NT for a Motorola 68k target.  This m68k target
does not have a "compliant" OS, and I've provided the required stubs as listed
in the Cygnus documentation (
http://www.redhat.com/support/manuals/gnupro99r1/4_libs/a_GNUPro_C_Library/libcDefinitions_for_OS_interface.html

).

As I now try to link in the C Standard Library (libc.a built from newlib), the
linker reports numerous "undefined reference to <symbol>", where <symbol> is
such names as

__truncxfdf2
__ltdf2
__umodsi3
__udivsi3
__eqdf2
__muldf3
__adddf3
__modsi3
__divsi3
__floatsidf

... and so on.

Included in the link is some dummy app code, required stubs for "bare-board"
systems, and libc.a.  I suspect that I'm still missing a major piece of the link
process, but I haven't yet found the information in Cygnus documentation.

I would appreciate any help or insight into this problem.  Thanks.

Joe Taylor
Joseph_Taylor@Inter-Tel.com