Linux x86 to Solaris Sparc Cross Compiler

Alex Smith alex@securesmith.net
Sat Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Alex Smith wrote:
> I was wondering if something funny was going on, so I tried to build a 2.6
> cross instead of a 2.5.1 cross (I happen to have both verions of the includes
> and libs handy).
>
> I hit the same problem.
>
> One thing I had to do, however, was to add -D__EXTENTIONS__ to the make line in
> order to get  limits.h to provide PATH_MAX.
>
> Things just don't seem right.
> Kai, you mentioned a more current snapshot of gcc.  I have only found egcs.
>
> My next step is to download gcc-2.95.2 again.  I've beat on this tree long
> enough I think.

Looks like that was the problem.   I installed a freash source tree, made the
required changes to the gcc/config/sparc directory for the -s option problem
with gas.  I then build and installed with no further problems. I have yet to
try the compiler, but I am optimistic.

Thanks for the help Kai, Alex

--
Alex Smith