section alignment in ld.

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Sat Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2000

   From: "Palmer.Chris" <PalmerC@intgame.com>
   Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:53:51 -0800

	   I have noticed that m68k-coff-ld aligns each file within a section
   on 4 byte boundaries. While this is appropriate for 32 bit bus CPU's it is
   wasteful for 16 bit members of the family. It causes me a problem because I
   need my retained variables to be in the same locations they were when my
   application was compiled with another compiler. This would be the case if I
   could make ld align on two byte boundaries. Does anybody now how to do this?

Change COFF_DEFAULT_SECTION_ALIGNMENT_POWER in bfd/coff-m68k.c, and
rebuild.

Ian