More help ...

Kumar Ramanathan kumarrk@usa.net
Sat Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2000

Hi ,
This was my last mail to this list ...
Hi ,
I'm trying to cross compile and create a compiler for the SA1100. (Arm).
But the configure fails saying that arm-unknown-linux-gnu not supported.

Dows egcs-1.1.2 support the arm architecture at all ???

Thanks,
Kumar
===================

I have an older installation of gcc2.95 which works fine and generates a
cross-compiler fine with the command :
./configure --target=arm-linux --prefix=/usr/local/arm.

The configure command at the top level of the source tree (gcc2.95/) calls a
configure script inside a subdirectory (gcc2.95/gcc/).
There is a case statement (a HUGE one) which decides what to do based on the
processor type.So for the 'arm-linux' option , the case for the arm-elf is
called.

Now I have a egcs-1.1.2 installed and I'm trying to create a cross-compiler
similar to the above. But the configure script fails, saying :
target arm-unknown-linux not supported.
Configure in gcc/ has failed. Exiting.

Now when I checked the configure script inside the gcc/ , it HAS NO CASE FOR
THE arm-linux-elf !!!!!!

Can someone help me with this ???

Thanks,
Krishna Kumar