possible to have some C variables uninitiialized?

Scott A Sumner sasumner@juno.com
Sat Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2000

Good eyes, Robert.  I should have just said:

int IAmANonVolatileInt;

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:57:55 -0600 (CST) "Robert J. Brown"
<rj@eli.elilabs.com> writes:
> If you do not want them initialized, then why specify an initial
> value (the =3 in your example)?

Scott> I'm using gcc on a 68000-based embedded system that has
Scott> some normal RAM and some battery-backed RAM.  I'd like to
Scott> know if there is a way to have the gcc compiler/linker not
Scott> initialize certain C variables that will be located in the
Scott> battery-backed RAM area.

Scott> I'd like these global variables to be declared normally,
Scott> for example,

Scott> int IAmANonVolatileInt = 3;