gdb+wiggler (fwd)

rajesh@sepl.stpp.soft.net rajesh@sepl.stpp.soft.net
Sat Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 05:07:51 -0800 (PST)
From: daemon@cygnus.com
To: rajesh@sepl.stpp.soft.net
Subject: Re: gdb+wiggler (fwd)

Sorry, I am unable to deliver your mail note to crossgcc@cygnus.com,
that list name is no longer used.  Please try resending your mail
note to the new list name:  crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com.

If you have any questions about this, send mail to sourcemaster@cygnus.com.
This is a machine-generated message.

Here is a copy of the note you sent.

Hello
	I have a wiggler debugger(of Macraigor Systems).I want to use this
gdb + BDM.

	On one site
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/crossgcc/1998-q4/msg00171.html

i found this

gdb supports the wiggler only under Win32, since it needs the Macraigor
DLL to work.  Under Linux, the stock version of gdb does not have the
necessary driver.  You can get a driver and gdb patch for 683xx devices
from ftp://ftp.lpr.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/bdm/ , however I'm not
aware of any Power PC support under Linux at this time.

So now i have downloaded gdb(4.16) and pdm.I have done
#./configure --prefix=xxx/xx/xx --target=m68k-coff host=i586-redhat-linux
#make
#make install

I have redhat 5.2 and it has gdb 4.17 on that.

Now if i run gdb -v  from directory where i have configured gdb it  gives error

gdb internal error: Memory corruption
Quit

I have also downloaded patch gdb-4.16-bdm-patches.tgz but i am not getting
how to use this patch.This patch can be found at

ftp://ftp.lpr.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de/pub/bdm/

Can anybody help me in this ??
Do i need to use gdb 4.16 only and need to add the patch and configure
BDM ?
Can i use gdb 4.17 that comes with redhat5.2 ? if yes then what should i
do to use BDM ?

Can anybody help me in this .

Rajesh