Unrecognized opcode

Bala Jagannathan balaj@nortelnetworks.com
Sat Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2000

Hi all
  I am trying to build a cross compiler for powerpc from a linux
machine.I managed to build binutils 2.9.1.I ran into problems when I
tried to build gcc 2.95.2.It first gave error about not being able to
find stdlib.h and unistd.h which I managed to fix.
  But i errors out on g++spec.c giving a whole of unrecognized opcode
errors.I tried making it use both the powerpc-as and the /usr/bin/as but
it gives the same errors.
   Does anybody know how to fix these erros?Any help will be greatly
appreciated

thanks
-Bala-
Bala Jagannathan