2 issues about SPAM on crossgcc list

Duszczak, Richard richd@enikia.com
Mon Sep 13 08:02:00 GMT 1999

I get these also.  In fact, I received two in a row this weekend.  It
doesn't seem to be bad yet (ratio of spams to real posts low) but if
something is not done it will get worse.

Just my 2c.

Richard E. Duszczak
Design/Software Engineer
Enikia, Inc.
E-mail: richd@enikia.com
(732) 980-1200 x2777 (Voice)
(732) 980-0700 (Fax)
http://www.enikia.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Pollak Leon [ mailto:leonp@plris.com ]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 1999 6:14 AM
To: crossgcc@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: 2 issues about SPAM on crossgcc list

Dear colleges,
1. At last time I receive increasing number of spam e-mails on the list. Do
you suffer from the same thing?
2. Unexpectedly I discovered that all messages I ever sent to this list are
uploaded to AltaVista search engine. I was unaware of this and didn't
undertake (and how cood I, considering subscription rules?) any antispam
protections. As a result I receive today spam mails from several sources.
	So, 2 questions in this connection:
1. Is crossgcc list maintainer checking list's content and see this, ot
he/she must be informed specifically?
2. Does somebody know how to change the situation?

Leon Pollak
leonp@plris.com

Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to
crossgcc-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com