gdb to connect to ppcbug

Robert J. Brown rj@eli.elilabs.com
Fri Oct 29 17:59:00 GMT 1999

    Livio> I'm trying to use the gdb with a MCPN750 Motorola PowerPC
    Livio> 750 based board. I use the serial connection, but when I
    Livio> enter the command "target ppcbug com1" on my Win95 (XGCC
    Livio> tools) I receive "remote-monitor: No such file or
    Livio> directory".

I encountered this problem last spring when a client purchased the
Cygnus supported version of the toolchain for PPC.  They were suprised
that it was broken.  Apparently it never made it into the regression
tests, or they do not always have a PPC board with ppcbug to test it
with.  Anyway, they fixed it.

    Livio> What can I do?

Send email to Cygnus and ask then where
to ftp the patch from.