powerpc-linux cross-compiler, limits.h

Brendan Simon brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au
Wed May 26 19:52:00 GMT 1999

Trying to build a powerpc-linux cross-compiler for and embedded MPC860
target.
Build machine is a RedHat 5.2 box with egcs-1.1.2 installed.

I tried adding --with-newlib when configuring for a powerpc-linux
cross-compiler.  I get complaints about not being able to find
"linux/limits.h" when building libiberty.  limits.h does exist as
/usr/include/linux/limits.h and I have used
--with-headers=/usr/include.  The xgcc command line that runs does not
have a -I/usr/include switch which is what I would expect it to have,
given the --with-headers option.

Is this a problem with the configure script or is it a problem with the
Makefile.in files ?  Maybe it's neither.

Is it possible to build a powerpc-linux cross-compiler without
preinstalling things ?  ie. MUST I copy /usr/include files to
/usr/local/egcs/powerpc-linux/include and MUST I copy libraries from
another powerpc host ?

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.