Problem building binutils

Dave Hansen dhansen@btree.com
Fri Mar 26 08:45:00 GMT 1999

Greetings fellow adventurers,

I'm pretty new (well, to be honest, _very_ new) at this game of
building GCC cross compilers, and I've just joined this list.  I got
a copy of the FAQ, which has been very helpful, but I've run into a
problem it doesn't address.

My host is i686-pc-cygwin32 with Cygwin32 B20.1 under NT4 service
pack 3.  I'm trying to build binutils 2.9.1 m68k-coff following the
instructions in section 3.1 of the FAQ.  Configure seemed to complete
OK, so I tried "make all install", which ran for a while, then died
with

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../bfd/bfd.h', needed by `dis-
buf.lo'.  Stop.
make: *** [all-opcodes] Error 2

This is just after "ranlib libiberty.a" and an echo of the libiberty
.o files into a file called "required-list".

I searched my directories and, sure enough, I can't find anything
called bfd.h, although it looks like something configure should have
generated.

Can anyone tell me what went wrong, and what I can do to fix it?
Thanks,

					-=Dave