H8/300 Development (Sorry if it is a little out of line)
Tue Mar 2 23:26:00 GMT 1999
I apologize first by posting questions here not directly related to
I am about to become a newbie in the GCC world. I was looking for an
embedded processor and stumbled on H8/300 series 3437 processor. Here is
the list of my questions.
1) Is there anybody out there is using this processor?
2) Is it available? (We have had some bad experiences with some motorola
3) If it is is the basic development system sufficient to do some real work
4) Is it necessary to buy their compiler ? Is it worth it ? (On one of the
Hitachi online seminars, they claimed that GCC does not generate as
efficient code as their compiler.)
5) I really like to GCC compiler and cross compilation approach, but is
there a place where I can get the windows95/98, or dos cross-compiler
without setting up a unix box ?
If you want to send me a message directly please use one of the following
Again, I apologize if it is not appropriate and thank you for your time.
New CrossGCC FAQ: http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC
To remove yourself from the crossgcc list, send
mail to email@example.com with the
text 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the
body of the message.
More information about the crossgcc