GCC as a Cross compiler i586-Linux / powerpc-vxworks

Brendan Simon brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au
Tue Jun 15 18:57:00 GMT 1999

Denis BEURIVE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build GCC as a cross compiler between ix86-Linux (host)
> and powerpc-vxWorks (target). But I have always the same error:
>
> <<
> eabi.S: Assembler messages:
> eabi.S:45: Internal error, aborting at symbols.c line 1625 in
> copy_symbol_attributes
> Please report this bug.
> make[2]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib-sub] Error 2
> make: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 1
> >>

> I believe this is because powerpc use big endian and intel little
> endian, but I am not sure.
>
> Does anybody have already built GCC as a cross compiler for
> popwerpc-vxworks using a __ix86__ host ?

I have built a powerpc-linux and powerpc-eabi cross-compiler (with lots
of help from people on this list) on a ix86 linux box from
binutils-2.9.1, egcs-1.1.2 and newlib-1.8.1 (for powerpc-eabi).  I have
never used any patches though and I have never seen the error message you
mention.

Brendan Simon.