thumb-elf target

Geir Harris Hedemark geir@dod.no
Mon Jul 19 15:00:00 GMT 1999

Hello.

I am trying to compile egcs (one of the development snapshots, since I
had little luck with the 1.1.2 release). But I don't seem to be able
to compile it for both 32-bit arm mode and for thumb instructions. I
seem to be able to piece together a compiler for arm-elf, but
thumb-elf is unsupported. I have run into similar problems with coff
targets.

Has anyone got any suggestions for what targets have the best support?
Are anyone using the arm-* and thumb-* targets for production code at
all?

I am ultimately planning on making a prom for an embedded system, so
the actual object file format is not very important to me.

Geir