underscore - coff vs. aout

Todd_Manchester@nmss.com Todd_Manchester@nmss.com
Mon Jul 12 12:06:00 GMT 1999

I have a number of assembly files with symbols written with a underscore
prepended so that they will link with .c files compiled for a.out format.
I was thinking of changing to coff format, and I would like to know if
there was a way to compile the .c files for coff so that they would still
link correctly to the assembly files (that is, with prepended underscores).
Changing every symbol would be a large undertaking, and I would like to
avoid it if possible.
Any suggestions?

-Todd Manchester