*** Floating Point Unavailable ***

Michael Schwingen rincewind@discworld.dascon.de
Fri Jul 2 10:55:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 02:29:00PM -0700, C. M. Heard/VVNET, Inc. wrote:

> With older versions (2.7.2 et. seq) of gcc it was possible (at least when
> using gnu-ld) to organize things any way you wanted by writing a linker
> directive file to replace the one that gcc uses by default.  Granted, most
> of my experience is with MIPS, but I recall doing similar stuff with ppc
> about two years ago.  Is this not still possible?

Yes, I did just that - for an embedded PPC target, I wrote a linker script
that specified my own startup code (which contains stack initialization,
trap vectors etc. and then calls my OS initialization code instead of main).

I don't see why it should be a problem to have machine dependant code in
this startup code - the machine-dependant stuff must go somewhere, and it
must be done after a reset and before calling the first C routine.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen