GDB: Remote debugging via BDM via gdb/gdbserver.

thunder7@xs4all.nl thunder7@xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 25 07:55:00 GMT 1999

On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 09:53:05AM +0200, Pollak Leon wrote:
> At 15:39 25/02/99 +1100, Brendan Simon wrote:
> >I wish to debug code targeted for a PowerPC embedded target, which is
> >compiled with GCC configured as a cross compiler hosted on a Linux box.
> 	Me too and very much, but...
> >I have a Wiggler BDM device which I want to use for debugging.
> >Unfortunately it only works with GDB on MSW operating systems via the
> >wiggler.dll supplied by the Wiggler manufacturer.
> 	Yes, no other drivers are not developed yet.
> >I was wondering if it was possible to use DDD/GDB on my Linux box to
> >communicate with GDB or some GDB server on the MSW machine which inturn
> >is connected to my embedded target ???
> 	Another not bad idea! A few days ago Steven Johnson gave an idea of using
> MBX860 as an intermediate box, which will have GDB server to one side and
> BDM interface via SPI+GPIO pins to the target side. Are there any
> volunteers to try to do this? Wiggler's protocol may be reversed from GDB's
> sources.
> >Alternatively (and preferably), is there a Linux device driver for the
> >Wiggler yet ???
> 	We can only dream about this today...
>
> Leon Pollak
> leonp@plris.com
> body of the message.

If MSW means Bill's toy, is Wine an option? It emulates Windows on
Linux. For more info, www.winehq.com should help. It's alpha, so YMMV.
--
proof by reference to inaccessible literature:
	The author cites a simple corollary of a theorem to be found