68360

John Breen jab3@hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:37:00 GMT 1999

From: Vaughan Hillman <hillman_97@yahoo.com>
>I have seen several messages
>that say to build the m68k and then do
>
>gcc -m68020 -cpu32
>
>and supposedly this works too.  With this last way Im afraid that Im
>losing some functionality.  What is the best way to go about getting
>gcc compiled for the 360?

I think that's about as close as you're going to get (although I use
just -mcpu32 under egcs; what does the addition of -m68020 buy you?).

Reading through the differences between CPU32 and CPU32+ (in the MC68360
User's Manual), it looks like there are a few items that might be
considered "losing some functionality", although the manual isn't always
explicit about what features of CPU32+ are absent in CPU32.  I'm just
starting a 68360 project that's using egcs (just got my first prototype
in yesterday :); I'll post here if I run into any problems.
--
John A. Breen
jab3@hotmail.com