linker script error compiling linux-host, i386-go32 target /gcc

thunder7@xs4all.nl thunder7@xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 16 13:22:00 GMT 1999

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 08:01:49AM -0500, Jay Kulpinski wrote:
> > --------------------
> > i386go32.x
> > --------------------
> > OUTPUT_FORMAT("coff-go32-exe")
> > ENTRY(start)
> > SECTIONS
> > {
> >   .text  0x1000+SIZEOF_HEADERS : {
> >     *(.text)
> >     *(.const*)
> >     *(.ro*)
> >     etext  =  . ; _etext = .;
> >     . = ALIGN(0x200);
> >   }
> >   .data  ALIGN(0x200) : {
> >     djgpp_first_ctor = . ;
> >     *(.ctor)
> >     djgpp_last_ctor = . ;
> >     djgpp_first_dtor = . ;
> >     *(.dtor)
> >     djgpp_last_dtor = . ;
> >     *(.data)
> >      edata  =  . ; _edata = .;
> >      . = ALIGN(0x200);
> >   }
> >    }
> >    }
>
>    ^^^^^^^^
> These two lines shouldn't be here.  I don't knnow what is
> going wrong that they are there.  There are other instances
> of these extra lines in the other linker scripts you showed.

I tried that, in all linker scripts, but that didn't help. I'm off to
use the code someone suggested earlier.

Jurriaan
--
Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people once a year.
        Victor Borge