source listing?

Bill Su ycsu@zyxel.com.tw
Fri Dec 17 19:08:00 GMT 1999

Mumit Khan wrote:
> How did you miss it in the gas documentation? That's the first that
> shows up if I do `info as Invoking'!
>
>   $ gcc -c -g -O -Wa,-alh,-L file.c
>
> If you want to listing to go a file, say file.lst, instead:
>
>   $ gcc -c -g -O -Wa,-alh=file.lst,-L file.c

  No, that's not what I want.  Most compilers support source
file listing(like C) within the assembly output.  However,
all I see is debug information rather than the source listing.
It's very annoying because it's not easy to match the output
assembly code and the original source file unless you open
both files.
S/MIME Cryptographic Signature