gdb on MPC8XX boards

Peter Popov ppopov@redcreek.com
Tue Dec 7 13:20:00 GMT 1999

I already asked if anyone has had success using bdm on
MPC8XX boards, and someone sent me a link to someone's
web site -- that person has written a bdm driver for MPC8XX.
You basically need to copy the files over to your gdb directory
and configure/compile the debugger.  However, looking at the
gdb directory of the 4.18 release, there is a file named
ppc-bdm.c.  In that file, the header says:

/* Remote target communications for the Macraigor Systems BDM Wiggler
   talking to a Motorola PPC 8xx ADS board
   Copyright 1996, 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
*/

This is exactly what I'm looking for so ... is no one on this
list aware that gdb 4.18 already has support for MPC8XX, or
does it not work well?

Pete