eCos cross compiler questions [was: gcc 2.95 cross compiler]

William Gatliff gatliff@haulpak.com
Tue Aug 31 11:53:00 GMT 1999

> Hmm... that's unintentional, but in any case, these options aren't very
> important for the synthetic target - all they do is reduce the size of
> static executables. These options should definitely work in gcc-2.95, which
> I heartily recommend.

Will do.

> > I'm going through the installation instructions line-by-line, and so far
> > everything is working for me.  This is my first full day with eCos, though-- I'm
> > not exactly an eCos power-user, yet...  [been doing the cross-compiler thing for a
> > while now, though]

Everything is working as advertised for the Linux synthetic target, including the
programming examples.  I'm in heaven, especially after the Hitachi SH port becomes
available!

For the record, I'm running: Slackware 6.0/i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 PentiumII-400 128MB

I don't recommend running *all* of the test cases in parallel under Linux, by the way.
Tends to eat bunches of CPU time, to the point that it's quicker to reboot than to kill
off all the tasks one-by-one, especially if you also have vmware running.  :^)

b.g.

--
William A. Gatliff
Senior Design Engineer