sh-elf

William Gatliff gatliff@haulpak.com
Mon Aug 30 06:47:00 GMT 1999

Jiu:

Had the same exact problem the other day...  turned out to be a typo on my part.
Here's what works for me:

tar xzvf egcs-1_1_2.tar.gz
tar xzvf newlib-1_8_1.tar.gz
cd egcs-1.1.2
rm -rf libf2c
ln -s ../newlib-1.8.1/newlib newlib
configure --target=sh-hitachi-hms --with-newlib
--with-headers=<...>/newlib-1.8.1/newlib/libc/include

I was linking the wrong newlib directory into the egcs tree (I had left out the
"/newlib"), which causes the newlib build to silently fail.  This prevents
creation of runtime libraries, which makes xgcc fail for reasons totally
unrelated to liberty...

I haven't gotten the sh-hms target to build, but sh-hitachi-hms works like a
champ.

b.g.

Jiu Zheng wrote:

> Has anybody built a cross gcc (egcs-1.1.2) for SH3? I am compiling in
> RedHat6.0 environment but got an error saying:
>
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.
> make: *** [configure-target-libiberty] Error 1
>
> Anyone can help?
>
> TIA,
> --
> Jiu Zheng