Help with ppc-linux cross

Brendan Simon brendan@dgs.monash.edu.au
Tue Aug 24 17:05:00 GMT 1999

Will Sloan wrote:

> Brendan Simon wrote:
>
> > Yep.  It's  a chicken and egg problem.  I'm pretty sure you can build the C compiler
> > only without the runtime libs.  You can then build the runtime libs with this
> > compiler.  Once this is done you should be able to build all the other GCC components
> > such as C++, fortran, etc.
> >

> How do I just build the C compiler.  I have tried --with-languages=c and make
> LANGUAGES="c" and both seem to build the runtime libs???

I think it's different for egcs and gcc.  I think gcc-2.95.x uses "enable-languages=c" but
I haven't tried it yet.  Do a "grep -i lang configure" to see what format to use.  You
could also try "disable-languages" but then you would have to specify ALL the languages to
disable.  By default, all language are built.

Brendan Simon.