PowerPC Cross Help

J.K. Brown jkbrown@west.raytheon.com
Mon Aug 23 13:50:00 GMT 1999

> I'm now getting the "as: unrecognized option `-ppc'" error.  I removed
a previous
> installation I had on cygwin and new extracted a tar.gz file which
included Insight.
> Now powerpc-eabi-gcc gives me the same error you have.  I couldn't
quite
> workout why because the compiler was exactly the same as before.  I
had copied
> the archive from my Linux box and used WinZip to extract it to
/usr/local/gcc on
> my cygwin machine.  This seems to be the cause of my problem as I
tried using
> "tar zxvf cygwin-powerpc-eabi.tar.gz" and that fixed the problems.
I'm not sure
> what the differences are.  Maybe tar/gzip handle unix style ascii
files where as
> WinZip does not (or I guess it could be the other way around).  This
still could be
> binary mount problem/solution but I'm not sure.
>
> Brendan Simon.

I was using Winzip, so I tried the tar command.  I still get the same
error.  I have the assembler set up in the path when I start cygwin, but
I am beginning to think that the configuration or makefile is not
attaching the prefix to the "as" command when making.  I've been combing
thru the files used for the make in order to try to find the "as"
command.  I'm going to try a few other things before I give Linux a run
with the compiler.  Ideally I need one for crossing from windows to
powerpc, but at this point I'll take what I can get.

Jessica