gdb support for ppcbug

Robert J. Brown rj@eli.elilabs.com
Fri Apr 30 13:10:00 GMT 1999

    Stan>    Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:21:30 -0500 From: "Robert
    Stan> J. Brown" <rj@eli.elilabs.com>

    Stan>    So do I have to recompile the cross gdb to get this
    Stan> working?

    Stan> The ppcbug support is always present in a powerpc-eabi-gdb.
    Stan> Does "help target" not show you those?

We have ordered the Cygnus supported tools as Gnu-pro, but they are
not here yet, so I haven't actually tried it.  So you are saying that
it should work as delivered, just by setting the target to ppcbug?
That's *GREAT* news!

    Stan>    I could always build a set of tools under Linux ala
    Stan> Canadian cross, so things would compile.  Can I also do this
    Stan> under cygwin on NT?

    Stan> configure/make generally works under b20.1 on NT, that seems
    Stan> a lot easier to me than the full Canadian setup.

I agree.  Cross compilers are tricky enough without doing it 3-way
style.  :-)

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
R. J. Brown III  rj@elilabs.com http://www.elilabs.com/~rj  voice 847 543-4060