Unrecognised Object Format

David Williams dlcsoft@jeack.com.au
Mon Apr 26 18:13:00 GMT 1999

Hi Scott & Others,

I added the options you suggested and discovered that I was using the wrong
linker. My make file does separate compile and link stages. The compiles
were done with '-b 68K  -m68000' options however they were missing from my
link command line. This caused the linker to link for DOS-GO32 instead of
the 68K. I added these option to my link command line and all is know OK.
Thanks for the help.

Scott, you added my email address to the crossgcc mail list. I now get two
copies of each e-mail posted to the mail list. The confusion originally
arose as my email address was 'dlcsoft@axis.jeack.com.au' but recently I
discovered that the 'axis' part could be dropped and so my shortned email
address is now 'dlcsoft@jeack.com.au'. I believe either email address will
work. When I subscribed to the mail list I would have used the longer
address. Recently I changed my email configuration to use the shortned
address when sending email. This would have caused my problems. How can I
fix my subscription to the mailing list?

I would like to fully understand the startup (and shutdown) process so that
I can develop my own low power control code in my embedded system. I have
the option of using the crt0 module for 68K in the library or I can develop
my own. The crt0 module in the library has various hooks and call other
function before calling 'main'. I was trying to follow the source code but
I seem to missing some...
As I understand it 'libc.a' is the standard C library file for newlib and
'libm.a' is the math library for newlib. I have the source code for newlib
available with the distribution for object software. 'libbcc.a' is the
library file for the BCC support package. I have the source code for that
as well. 'libgcc.a' is the compiler support library. Do I have the source
for that? If so, were? If not, where can I get it from.

Dave.
David Williams
DLC Software P/L
dlcsoft@jeack.com.au